Monday, May 3, 2010

Obesity



Obesity has been a growing problem not only in American, but around the world. Americans are growing fatter and fatter each year because of lousy diets. With the economy in such a bad place more people are living in poverty. Many Americans are unable to make but ends meat to support their family and put food on the table. It is often easier and cheaper for a family to go through McDonald's drive thru. At the grocery store you can buy on average two pears for $3 or $4, but you can go through the drive through and order three or four items on the Dollar Menu, which logically would make you, feel fuller then two pears. It is cheaper to buy fast food rather then go to the grocery store and buy healthy food. More and more families are also working tighter schedules and do not have the time to make a healthy meal even if they had the money to buy the healthier foods. Fast foods use cheaper and let healthy foods to mass-produce all the food they make on a daily basis for such an inexpensive price. American companies only make it easier for Americans to eat greasy, fatty, unhealthy foods causing America to become obese.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Obesity is a major problem everywhere. There is no reason why anybody should eat fast food regularly or even at all. It is definitely unhealthy and like you said greasy. I loved the documentary " Supersize Me." It really showed McDonald's and the negative effects it has on the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article has such truth. I recently watched the film Supersize me and it truly opened my eyes to the fast food industry. Its disgusting. I never really ate alot of fast food before but now I view it even more harshly. I dont however believe that fast food is to blame for all of Americas obesity issue. I think that over sized portions, lack of education on healthy foods, low work or drive ethic, and a continuing lazy society. Its ridiculous, people need to take control of their lives and throw out things that they know are unhealthy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obesity is becoming a huge problem globally. People are becoming lazier and lazier when it comes to their weight and physical appearance. Personally people need to watch the sizes of their portions. Obesity is one of my biggest fears and I try to prevent it. I have always been brought up eating organic and healthy foods. On top of that I have been a hardcore cheerleader since i was 7. It is also very important for every single person to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.

    ReplyDelete