Thursday, May 13, 2010

Insomnia

More things effect sleep then you might think. Eating later may keep you up late at night and keep you from sleeping straight through the night. Going to sleep and waking up at the same times every day could also affect how you sleep at night along with exercising regularly. It is also said that only sleeping in your bed will help you sleep better. Keeping your room dark and at a cool temperature could improve your night sleep. There are plenty of factors that you would not think of that help you get a better night's sleep. More and more people suffer from insomnia because their daily schedules mess up their sleeping habits. You can never make up sleep so it is always good to get a full night of sleep each night. For more information on sleep better click here.

6 comments:

  1. When I get a full night sleep I feel so much more concentrated and alert. I'm ready to work and learn in school, as oppose when I don't get a good sleep and can barely stay awake in first period. Getting plenty of sleep is very important and I'm glad I can now sleep in because I don't have to go to first hour anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do wake up alot sometimes at night. I dont know why but i seem to do it when i snack so I believe those facts hold true. I have to normally go to bed earlier because if i dont im extremely tired and by football practice im exhausted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another factor that may effect your sleep is exercising late at night. I recently experienced this and I will try to avoid it. I went to a "Fit Dance" Class from 8:30pm-9:30pm and I was literally "jumping off the walls" when I got home. I couldn't fall asleep until late at night because my metabolism was still accelerated from all the exercise I had done prior to the time I go to bed. Also, it is important to maintain a sleep routine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that keeping your bedroom cool really helps in getting a good night sleep. I used to wake up all the time, and I think it is because my room was so hot. I started to turn on my fan and then I noticed that I slept much better. Not only is it a lot cooler at night, but the repetitive humming of the fan also helps in making you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these factor really contribute to not being able to go to sleep. I can deffinentely tell when I get a full night sleep because I feel so much more concentrated and alert. And I agree with Louis keeping my room cool really helps me in getting a good night sleep, if its hot I'll constantly wake up in the middle of the night. My parents always get mad because I always make the electric bill so high because I put the air conditioning on low all night and my fan on high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have trouble sleeping. I always wake up in the middle of the night or I just can’t sleep at all. I’ll try some of these tips and the ones on the web site as well. I have notice that the cool room helps you sleep better though that has helped me in the pass but not all the time. I’ll try this out and see if it helps me.

    ReplyDelete