Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Array of Diets


These days there are hundreds of different diets out there, some more promising then others. Every diet "promises" or "guarantees" you will loose 15 pounds in 15 weeks or some catchy numbers that make people think it will work for EVERYONE, which is not always true. There is the Special K Challenge, which has a selection of plans where you go and buy your own Special K products to eat everyday for 4 meals. There is also the South Beach Diet, the Cookie Diet, Atkins Diet, and tons of other diets. (Click here for a list of popular diets) Different diets work for different people. Some people begin to believe that no diet will work for them and often end up using a diet pill, which is horrible for your body. If you think you need to loose weight then you should go with the natural route and eat healthy and get a sufficient amount of exercise and sleep daily.
Click here to design your own Special K plan

4 comments:

  1. I tried the Special K plan about a year ago. I lasted only a few days. I felt like I was depriving myself and was so limited. Definitely not the way for me. Eating healthy foods all around and working out is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think people should really go on diets unless it's necessary and I'm specially against the use of diet pills. I think the right think to do is to eat healthy and keep track of the foods you eat and exercise as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I don't think diets work. Many people do go on them and lose weight, but as soon as they are off the diet, they slowly begin to regain the weight. I think if people want to lose weight, they should change their lifestyle to eating healthier and exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I don't think that diets are effective at all, unless combined with a workout routine. Some people actually believe that sticking to a diet will make them lose weight, which is almost never the case. Yes, some diets do help in the fight against body weight, but excercise is the real calorie-burner. Planning out a reliable workout routine is much more important than sticking to a diet, and people who want to lose weight have to realize that.

    ReplyDelete