Thursday, February 11, 2010

Protein



Protein has not been a main topic in health, but recently is has been getting the attention it deserves. Protein is a necessity to the body about eight grams for every twenty pounds of body weight. Protein can be found in beans, nuts, whole grains, fish, poultry, beef, pork, and a other foods daily eaten. If you are picky, like me, you can also buy protein shakes or protein powder. Since my dad does not think I eat enough to get my daily protein I drink chocolate shakes called Syntha 6. There has been an increase of people using high-protein diets to lose weight. Proteins are found in your muscles, bones, skin, hair and any other body part or tissue.

2 comments:

  1. Protein is essential and especially if your an athlete. It not only fuels your muscles but your organs as well. However i believe the best way to attain protein is through supplements not red meats due to their high fat amounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently began going to the gym again, so I too drink a protein shake after my workout. Protein is a substance that allows faster and more complete muscle regeneration, which is why many people drink it after working out (doing weights and other muscle intensive excercises effectively "tear" up the muscle, and protein is needed to regenerate it).
    However, protein is in fact a necessity among humans, and it is important to get enough of it in order to function properly. I certainly get enough protein during the day, because I eat a lot of meat. All of the protein that I get from meat and other food, along with my protein shake every day, is more than the minimum amount of protein that is necessary daily, so I'm not worried about a lack of such.

    ReplyDelete